Monday, February 3, 2014

The Dinner Party


This article would so be something that I would bring up with my girlfriends at a dinner party. Are women more attracted to men in trucks? If I had asked this question to my friends most of them would say they liked seeing a guy in a truck. But not everyone might agree with this statement. I like it when a guy drives a truck, but I also think other models of cars make a guy attractive. In the article it states, "Among the general public, a black pickup truck is a reflection of a masculine owner”. This quote states that among the Americans that participated in this poll, majority of the women said that the black truck suits the man the best. I saw this article trending on Facebook and it caught my eye. After we had talked in class about typical conversations that one would have during a dinner party, I though this might relate to me. The article also asked men what type of car women look attractive driving. The main car was a red BMW. Personally I am not a huge fan of red cars, but other might think different. Either way a car should not have to establish your attractiveness. You could see someone driving an old beat up car and they could be very attractive. Overall everyone has there own idea and opinions of someone’s attractiveness.


1 comment:

  1. I think this is a super interesting article! Attractiveness seems like such an illusive and subject trait to attach to someone. How can we really judge attractiveness? According to this, by their cars. For me personally, I am very invested in the future of our environment (as I think everyone should be). Whenever I see a man or a women driving a big truck, especially if it is a diesel engine, I find them to be more unattractive To me having a cultural and environmental conscious in more attractive than a big "masculine" truck. But, overall, I think the article is very interesting and gives good insight into what our society places value upon.

    ReplyDelete