Friday, March 21, 2014

How you look is up to you or society?


        I came across this photo while scrolling on Pinterest and to be honest it frightened me how true this was.  This picture emulates our societies obsession with beauty and how women who do not wear makeup out in public are sometimes scrutinized and described as "sickly" and "not healthy looking".  The varying levels of beauty in this photo made me think of the poem we read in the class the other day regarding makeup and outside beauty.  The blogger who wrote the poem, Kelly Brake, stated,"So ultra bright would be their smile, so lovely their complexion, their confianza based on someone else's fashion and their mascara'd mascaras hiding the cascaras that hide their ser?".   I felt like the blogger was trying to explain that women in the media and magazines are portrayed as perfection behind layers of makeup and that has become the ideal of American beauty.  

      I am personally a huge fan of makeup.  I absolutely love it.  I love that you can create different looks with different colors and techniques that accentuate various parts of your face.  I do not, however, believe that every woman needs makeup and should not leave the house without it.  I think makeup, like everything else a person decides to put on their body, is a personal choice and should not be judged upon by anyone else.  I am firm in the belief that if an individual is happy with how they look, that is genuinely all that matters. 


http://www.dumpaday.com/random-pictures/funny-pictures/funny-pictures-of-the-day-100-pics-3/attachment/putting-on-makeup/

No comments:

Post a Comment